- Give priority to legal and ethical compliance in the course of business – never prioritize loyalty over what is legal or ethical.
- Share our Mission, Policies and Code of Business Ethics and Conduct with all stakeholders.
- Pursue advancement of the Company. Our main goal is to be more evolved not larger.
- Strive for a 100-year company with the corporate mission
- Ensure transparency and communication.
- Launch business overseas.
- Value employees, their families and respect self-development.
- Employ the principal of high performance. Hire the best, expect the best and create a culture that fosters this.
- Value suggestions and opinions from employees.
- Pursue high-quality products and data.
- Make safety a top priority.
- Search for product seeds externally.
- Profits are the results and means of achieving the Mission.
- Focus on growth in sales and profits.
- Balance the pros and cons when making investment decisions.
- Create a culture of Pay for Performance – employees are rewarded for their contributions and hard work.
- Invest assets wisely.
- When in doubt, the patient benefit takes priority.
2. Our Challenge
- You never know how it will turn out unless you try, but do not hesitate to cut losses.
- Even if there is no precedent, be the first to try it.
- Never forget patients.
- Set date driven deadlines.
- Learn from failures.
- Sound and efficient decisions by Department managers.
- Never carry/purchase what will or isn’t working, never take/cause unnecessary actions.
- Zero-overtime and work-from-home are considered optimal.
- Focus on results while instilling work/life balance.
- Consider patient needs, scientific rationality and laws/regulations when pursuing higher quality in products/data.
- Pursue cost reduction with the principle of multiple sources, while regarding providers as partners.
- Foster inter-departmental advice and cooperation as a core part of our culture.
- Confidently entrust tasks to subordinates, but never leave unmanaged.
- Hear anyone out, never interrupt in the middle.
- Be direct and concise when explaining/responding.
- Greetings may seem small but they are important.
This website contains information about products that may not be available in the U.S. Nothing contained herein should be considered a solicitation, promotion or advertisement for any product including those under development.